Information we collect.
Unpublished Space LLC uses information that we collect from users of this app and web platform to personalize and improve your experience using the app. We gather the following types of information:
- Information You Give to Us: We collect Personal Information that is provided by Users. "Personal Information" includes information such as your name, location, phone number, e‐mail address, date of birth, user id, and other information that you may provide in the course of completing a form or transaction on our site or mobile app . Personal Information is collected when you establish an account with us and whenever you use USpace.
- Device Information: In addition, we may automatically collect information about the browser and/or device that you are using to access our website or mobile application (such as the type of browser or device you are using, browser settings, the version of the USpace App you are using, and the device identification number). We may also collect and analyze the IP address used to connect your device to the Internet and identify your log-in location; device information and connection information such as the device you use and other important information to run your app smoothly. This data will help us improve USpace for future updates. Device information may or may not be personally identifiable depending upon whether it is linked to the identity of the user.
- Statistical Information: We may collect statistical or non-personally-identifiable information about our users, such as which pages are visited, how long a visitor stays on a particular page, the website from which a user came to our site, or similar such information. We also may collect aggregate information such as the total number of unique or return visitors to our site, using our application, or visiting a particular page in a given timeframe. We also may collect statistics regarding usage of USpace features such as how often users provide certain profile information, how often they create or use hosted rooms, send private messages, or create Trusted Connections. We may use this information to measure the use of our sites and applications and to improve our content.
- Cookies and Do Not Track: We may utilize "cookies" and other similar technologies on our website. We may use first party "browser" or "HTTP" cookies, which are unique text files that may be used for data analysis, and enable our website to tailor information for the visitor. We may use browser cookies for purposes such as to personalize the user's experience on our site, for fraud prevention, or to track visits to our websites. Some Internet browsers offer what often is referred to as "do not track" mechanisms for browser users to automatically signal privacy preferences to websites that they visit. We do not intend to track users across websites and our site honors do-not-track-signals. If you do not want us to deploy browser cookies to your device when you visit our websites, you may set the browser to reject cookies or to notify the user when a website tries to place cookies in the browser program. Rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of features offered by the website. If you use our website without setting your browser to block cookies, you consent to the placement of cookies on your device. We do not authorize third parties to place cookies on our website or authorize them to track user activity across our site and third party sites.
- Demographic Information and Specific Topics: We also collect general demographic information such as number of users in a region and the number of users interested in topics related to Categories users select for Rooms (not from user content) so that we can better serve you in the future.
- Communications Content: USpace processes the content of communications that you make to other USpace users in Shared Rooms and to your Trusted Connections to facilitate the provision of our service and as part of our monitoring of our platform for content that may violate the law or our terms of service. USpace does not analyze or otherwise use your Communications Content, including direct messages, status updates, images uploaded to profiles or rooms, comments or messages, to market to you or for purposes other than those identified above.
We do not rely on advertising. This allows us to provide you a protected and private online space on the platform. In future versions of USpace, we intend for you to be able to choose whether you want to engage with commercial enterprises by your own free will by entering our planned business zone. You will not see advertising sharing screen space with your personal conversations.
Personal Information Use
- To provide you with services that you request, process payments for our services, and administer your account (if any);
- To communicate with you, including responding to requests for information, advise you of changes to USpace offerings and practices, and to facilitate communications that you may request;
- To improve and administer our websites and mobile applications;
- To better understand the needs of the users of our sites and mobile applications and create content that is relevant to the user;
- For marketing and market research purposes;
- To conduct research, generate statistics and create de-identified data;
- To personalize content for the user;
- To notify the user of any changes with our website or mobile application which may affect the user;
- To prevent fraud and investigate potential misconduct;
- If you submit a resume to us seeking a position with us we may use that information in the course of considering you for a position; or
- To comply with law and legal process.
Protection of your Data
- We strive to keep your personal information confidential and protected against unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration through the use of administrative, physical and technical safeguards.
- Personal Information about users is stored on systems that are subject to physical and electronic security measures, and we limit employee access to and use of such information.
- Everything you post to Uspace is 256 bit encrypted. .
- We do not authorize Google or other search engines or web crawler bots to index content on our platform so content posted to our site will not appear in search engine results. We do not provide third party apps with access to the platform or any data on the platform.
- We value your privacy. USpace does not permit searching for your name, email and other identifying characteristics through this app or web platform. Your profile and hosted rooms are hosted in private only visible to your Trusted Connections. A Guest in a shared space hosted by a Trusted Connection will only see your header image, profile photo and name, they will be able to message you and you may eventually establish a Trusted Connection, if you agree.
- Your profile will not disclose your Trusted Connections to third parties, even to your other Trusted Connections. For example, if you have a total of 2 or 2000 Trusted Connections, your profile will be indistinguishable to anyone who views it.
- It is your obligation as a user to safeguard your user id and password. If you believe that your user ID and password has been compromised, please change your password using the functionality provided by USpace through the app/website. You also may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to report a compromised account.
- It also is the obligation of the user to know who they are accepting to be Trusted Connections and verify the email addresses from which the user receives a Trusted Connection request. When administering a private room, it is the obligation of the user to know who the user is admitting choosing to admit to the room. Trusted Connection requests or other requests that a user believes may be fraudulent or otherwise spoof the identity of another person should be reported to email@example.com.
- While USpace strives to protect the privacy of its users, information that a user shares with others on the USpace platform through privacy messages, rooms, or any other means could be used or disclosed by the recipient in ways other than those intended by the sender. Users are responsible for any content that they chose to share through USpace and recognize that what recipients may do with Communications Content or other information shared through USpace is beyond our control.
Monitoring and Disclosure
- Privacy is important but we have a social responsibility and in some cases legal obligations to not allow our services to be used for illegal or other improper purposes. We refuse to be a tool that facilitates criminal activities.
- Our platform will be monitored by algorithm bots programmed to identify potential criminal activities or violations of our terms of service. In the event that content is flagged by a bot, reported by another user or is otherwise comes to our attention, a human monitor will review the content and, if appropriate, take corrective action and/or refer the content to relevant authorities if necessary.
- We monitor our space proactively, not exclusively to fulfill our minimum obligations to the jurisdictions in which we operate. Information about individual users that bots collect is not used beyond the scope of effective oversight of the platform and legal obligations.
We will only disclose your personal information under the following circumstances:
- in order to fulfill a transaction that you request or facilitate payment for services.
- To service providers acting on our behalf.
- in response to subpoenas, or legal process such as court orders, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims.
- if we believe it is necessary to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation, to prevent, or to take necessary actions against illegal activities, fraud, or for the safety of the person or property, violation of our policies, or as otherwise required by law;
Additional information for users in the European Union or the European Economic Area (EEA).
- Our legal basis for processing information about you that we collect about you through our website is our legitimate interest as a data controller to administer our website.
- We process Personal Information about our users during the registration process to carry out our contract for services and provision of such information is necessary to subscribe to our service.
- In cases where you are asked to provide your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time, although this will not affect the lawfulness of our processing prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- In the case of processing involving passive data collection and other processing for the administration of our websites and mobile applications, such processing is undertaken pursuant to our legitimate interests as a data controller.
- We may process personal data where necessary for our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- We also reserve the right to process personal data in the event we believe doing so is necessary to protect the rights of the data subject or another person.
- We may serve as a data processor in certain cases where USpace is providing services on behalf of a data controller.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us using the email address provided below. You also have the right to file a complaint with your data protection authority if you have concern about the manner in which we are processing your personal data.
User Data Rights
- USpace strives to give users control over their personal information, including the right to request access to your personal information, correction of that information, the right to request deletion of that information, the right to object to how we are processing your personal information and data portability rights as further discussed below. In many cases, you can exercise these rights directly through options available to you through USpace. You also can contact our Data Protection Officer. These rights are not unlimited, however, and we may limit user rights to the extent permitted by law in cases where we believe doing so is necessary, such as the exercise or defense of legal claims, to protect the rights of others, or the nature of the particular request is unduly burdensome. Personal Information will be retained only for the duration account membership with Unpublished Space LLC and for such time thereafter as may be required by law Unpublished Space LLC shall not record or retain Personal Information longer than what is required for us to fulfill the purposes for which the Personal Information was collected or as required by law. You can request that we delete your Personal Information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deletion or removal of Personal Information may take up to 30 days from the date of request. You can also delete Personal Information using features provided by the platform.
You may contact our data protection officer in case you wish to request a copy to all of your Personal Information by sending an email to email@example.com.
- Children. Our site and application are not directed to or intended for use by children under the age of 18 or to collect Personal Information from such users. We do not collect Personal Information from any person we know to be under the age of 18 and those under 18 should not submit any Personal Information through this site or our mobile application. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under the age of 18 we will remove the information from our files.
How Do We Update This Policy
Data Protection Officer.
You may contact our data officer:
Unpublished Space LLC Data Protection Officer
Subject: Attn: Data Protection Officer
How to Contact us. You may contact our data officer through firstname.lastname@example.org. Our officer would be glad to attend any of your privacy concerns.